Senior Night Send-off
What exactly is a senior night send-off, you might ask? It’s a way for the faculty of your high school to say goodbye to your seniors. The principal, the guidance counselors, and teachers from each area of study can tell the graduating seniors congratulations during a small dinner hosted by the high school. The various faculty members can give little speeches and share funny stories from the past four years, remembering the graduating seniors. This can also be a great time to choose the quote to represent the graduating class—this could be a poem, a Bible passage, or simply a famous quote to live by. A popular class quote is “The Road Not Taken,” by Robert Frost, for example. Gifts can also be given out during these senior night send-off parties.
Senior Night Gift Ideas
Knowing that their students are entering college, a great gift idea for graduating seniors are personalized travel coffee mugs. It’s a fun way for the teachers and mentors to say, “Welcome to the adult world—you’ll need coffee!” Another slightly humorous gift idea is a photo alarm clock—especially if your seniors have had a habit of arriving at class late.
Other gifts can be given to specific seniors, sort of like awards. Many schools have senior awards, like “Biggest Class Clown” and “Best Car,” but at your senior night send-off celebration, you can actually give your seniors awards for those categories. For “Best Car,” for example, you can give the winning senior either a CD holder for their car or a keychain that they won’t lose.
Other great senior gift ideas are personalized candles, personalized water bottles, snow globe frames, a jump drive for college, a photo album, or create a senior night swag bag and include all those small gifts in it!
Senior Night Send-off Lines
What better way to send your seniors into the next phase of their lives than with a toast? Either create a personal send-off line that will make students remember you and their high school experience, or pick from a number of different blessings. Some jumping-off points for creating memorable senior send-off lines are:
- “Don’t be dismayed by good-byes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And
meeting again, after moments or lifetimes, is certain for those who are friends.” — Richard Bach
- “Go confindently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.” –Henry David Thoreau
- “Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.” –Langston Hughes
- “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” –Eleanor Roosevelt
- “To unpathed waters, undreamed shores.” –William Shakespeare
- The Old Irish Blessing: “May the road rise up to meet you, may the wind always be at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your face, and the rains fall soft upon your fields. And until we meet again, may God hold you in the palm of his hand.”
That being said, let your graduating seniors know how much they’ve meant to you and how big an impact they’ve had on your life. Send your seniors off with a memorable bang.